Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Three Hundred Fifteen


Day 315 - Confidences
I had a lovely day.  Lunch was with my friend Gina, who suggested we meet at King’s Fish House.  Every time I go there, I think of trying something new.  Then I order the fried oysters.  They are so good there that it’s difficult to order anything else.  
It was wonderful to catch up with her - it has been a little over a year since we had a good conversation.  Sometimes I feel like she’s a little sister to me, and she confides in me things I doubt she talks to others about.  She knows I’ll love her regardless, and I am confident the feeling is mutual.
Later in the day, my “faux girlfriend” Irene came down from LA, and she, Erik and I had dinner together.  It was great to catch up with her, too.  She is still in a job that, as I interpret it, doesn’t quite meet the standards of what she wants to do for a career, but she presses on.  She is a lot of fun - the three of us laugh constantly - and I enjoy her company immensely.
As I was getting ready for bed, I was thinking about how humbling it is when someone confides in you about something particularly private in nature, or shares a thought that might not put them in the prettiest light.  When someone divulges sensitive information, they put themselves at your mercy, being completely vulnerable, and the trust they afford can be huge; I am honored to be held in that level of regard.  
Again tonight, I feel very fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment