Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Three Hundred Fourteen


Day 314 - Game Night
Speaking of friends inviting me over for Game Night, that was Ricky.  We have known each other for eight years; sometimes it seems like yesterday, and other times it feels like I’ve known him forever.  His game nights are always fun, with lots of food and fun people.  I try not to miss the event each time it comes up, and I love the way he loves life.  
This is why I am grateful for what Game Night represents: loving life.  I was invited to a joy-fest, a let’s-have-a-laugh-riot party.  You don’t see more laughter anywhere.  And I was invited to be there.
Ricky’s best friend, Brian, was there, too.  Brian went through unemployment over much of the same time as I did, and though he was re-employed awhile ago, he has been through the same struggles.  He can sympathize with me, and has helped me a lot as I’ve made it through similarly rough times.  There is something compelling about talking to someone who really understands, and I was glad to have had a moment to touch bases on some of the serious stuff.
Once again, I realize how lucky I am to have the people in my life that I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment