Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Three Hundred Thirteen


Day 313 - The Big Day
I don’t know why I felt like today’s interview was the “big one” - I’ve had other interviews where I expected to do well, and I didn’t have any specific information about this one that would lead me to believe it would be different.  Still, I felt different.  I drove almost a thousand miles to meet with these folks.  Have I built up the hype all by myself?
The 15 minute presentation went very well.  They didn’t seem concerned at all about the amount of time passing, and I even forgot to set the stopwatch on my phone to be sure I stayed within the allotted period.  The conversation was easy and informative.  
The hour we had in the meeting room ended as another group needed it, so Vanessa, the Director, took me into her office to continue the conversation for another 30 minutes.  In the end, she told me she wanted to make the decision immediately if not sooner, and that I should hear more on Monday or Tuesday.  It was so comfortable.
When I left the building, I told whoever was listening that I was letting go - it’s out of my hands now, and I’m ready for everything to work out in my favor.  I felt good.  I had done my best.  As I drove back to Erik’s, I wondered how I would publish the news.  Would I post something on Facebook first?  Make calls?  Then the thought occurred to me to wonder what I’d do if I didn’t get the job.  I immediately shunned the idea - I wouldn’t give taht thought any time or energy.  I’m getting this job.
The rest of the day was uneventful.  I received an email from the Recruitment Manager who was out of town for a family event asking how it went.  I wondered if she knew something but wasn’t saying anything.
In all, it was a good experience.  I remain hopeful, and trusting that everything will work out right in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment