Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Ninety-five


Day 295 - Longing
Ignacio will begin a two-week trip to his native Venezuela tomorrow morning, and as I wished him “Boy voyage” tonight, I had an immediate sense of longing.  We speak every day, and I know this won’t be possible while he travels.  We will have email and Twitter, but we won’t be able to have a conversation.  I miss him already.
I’m not totally destroyed, however; like the feeling of loneliness I've discussed before, this feeling reminds me that I am capable of love.  Regardless of what has happened in my past, I have not lost the ability to love another.  I consider myself very fortunate - too many people have, and I am very lucky to have people in my life with whom I get to practice these profound feelings.  Yes, lucky indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment