Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Three Hundred Five


Day 305 - Allowing
I’ve been reading a lot about “Allowing” over the past few years, mostly from Abraham-Hicks (“The Law of Attraction”), and that by keeping our focus on what makes us feel good, we allow the good to come to us.  I was also lucky enough to sit down again today with Dick Warn (see Day 291 for more), who has been coaching me along the same idea - to let go of my own agenda and let life take me where I need to go. 
However, my day started with taking my car to the mechanic to have my rear brakes serviced.  I really didn’t want to “let go” of that much money, but it needed to be done, and I’m lucky to have found a mechanic I trust.  Henderson Automotive in Tigard is a company I would recommend to anyone - they’re honest, reasonable, and the quality of work is top notch.  So since today’s work was a necessity, I let go of that concern, too.  
At the end of the day (literally speaking), I felt good about the future; my car is ready for a long road trip, my mind is ready for a “final interview,” and my heart is ready for a new chapter in life.  Let’s see where the universe takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment