Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Three Hundred Four


Day 304 - Catching Up
I had a busy day today.  I met with a coaching client, a networking contact, and a close friend.  All of them are friends, actually, though at different stages of the friendship, and I packed my calendar a bit in my effort to catch up with as many friends as I can before my trip to California next week.
The first meeting was with a woman I met at a birthday party who is trying to find a better job.  She asked me to help her with her resume, and I gave her some tips that I think will help her experience and skills become more visible to potential employers.  She seemed excited about the changes, and I thought about my approach to coaching: “It doesn’t matter with whom you speak; what matters is that you speak to someone who motivates you.”  I was gratified to think she was more motivated after speaking with me.  That made me feel really good.
I then met with my new friend Bill over a glass of scotch.  What a wonderful man I’ve met.  Yes, he’s a networking contact, and he’s trying to help me connect with people who might assist with my job search.  What impresses me most, though, is the depth of his character.  He has a charisma that seems based in the warmth of an honest man; his integrity is what shines through, and I’m honored to have been welcomed into his world.  It’s a milieu I really enjoy.
Then I had dinner with my dear friend Ken at an Indian restaurant in NW Portland that I’ve been wanting to try.  The food was fabulous, and the company even better.  Ken is such a gem, and I enjoy his company, our conversation, and the relaxed support and encouragement he offers.  
I am such a lucky man to have friends like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment