Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Three Hundred Nine


Day 309 - The Day Before
I had plenty to do today to keep my mind focused.  
I finished packing for my road trip to Southern California and the interview.  The living room became my staging area, and I wondered I’ll have to leave a few things behind; I’m not sure it will all fit into the car.
I picked Mom up from the airport from her successful trip to Tucson.  She found a home there, and showed me the photos she took of it.  I’m thrilled for her - she will be so much happier there than she has been here for a number of reasons, not the least of which she’ll be with so many of her friends, and will likely be more active.  I haven’t seen her this excited in a long time.
I met with Fred and Manuel one more time for happy hour.  If I get this job, I’ll miss this weekly “meeting.”  They have become good friends, and I really look forward to getting together.  If I end up back in Portland, I will enjoy resuming the conversation.
I finished the day packing the car.  I couldn’t believe it, but I got everything inside.  It’s full, to say the least, but I can see out the back window, and the passenger side mirror will be visible, too.  I think I’m ready.
Thinking about tomorrow, and the rest of the week....

No comments:

Post a Comment