Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Thirty-two

Day 132 - U of O Football
Some people may find it hard to believe I might be grateful for football on any level.  I don’t care for the game all that much, and the way we worship athletes as a general society borders on the absurd.  However, I was grateful for it today.
Why?  Because it provided a reason for Blaine to throw a party.  Blaine’s parties are always fun!  There was food, great company, and a hot tub for the three of us who were there only for the food and company.  
My favorite moment was actually as I was arriving in Camas (Washington) where Blaine and Dan live - Blaine sent me a text message asking me to stop by the store on my way there and pick up some chili.  The fact he was comfortable enough to simply make the request made me feel so good.  Blaine is one of my favorite people on the planet.
I may be grateful for the University of Oregon Football program for one or two days a year, but at least it’s something.  Thank you, Blaine, for making this a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment