Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Six

Day 106 - Time to Reflect
I had a long drive home, and it is probably a good thing it took all day.  The drive gave me enough time to reflect on a fantastic vacation to Northern California - exactly what I needed.  I couldn’t think of one moment of frustration during the whole trip.  It was relaxing and eventful, and I had all day to ease back into the daily routine in Oregon, with all the tasks and responsibilities that await.
I think about the trade-off between driving this route and flying - it takes far longer and saps my energy more - but the flexibility of leaving when I want, stopping where and when I want, and not having to worry about security lines and taking only three ounces of any given liquid are worth the extra hours and effort.
I was welcomed by the Willamette Valley with the customary rain, and thought about a stellar weekend in San Francisco.  I don’t have to think about the week ahead.  I will, instead, reflect on a fabulous vacation well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment