Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Eleven

Day 111 - Birthday Parties
We often think of how wonderful it is when someone throws us a birthday party.  This time, it was wonderful to attend one.
I had a nice time at my friend’s soiree, talking to a whole bunch of people I didn’t know, and with some I do know and like a lot.  I also met a yoga instructor I had been told about by a few of my friends.  Denny is a recent transplant from Phoenix who, evidently, has a reputation that precedes him.  A good reputation, that is.
I was delighted to have a conversation with him about his teaching style; I have the impression his classes will be similar in approach to those of my first yoga instructor (and, so far, the best I’ve had), where it’s about real yoga practice as opposed to an exercise class.  I’ve attended a number of those, and it’s just not the same.  I am really looking forward to restarting my yoga practice.
It’s funny how life works; if you put it out there that you want or need something, sometimes it comes to you.  Maybe not instantly, but it is there when you need it if you’re paying attention.  Denny’s name had popped up several times within a very short period, and then there he is standing next to me at a party.  
I’m paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment