Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Thirteen

Day 113 - A Place To Rest
I didn’t do anything today.  My cold got worse.  A lot worse.  I even skipped an important networking meeting.  I swear my body was trying to cough up a lung.  Let’s just say the cough was productive.
It occurred to me, though, to be grateful for a place to rest.  I feel for the homeless who don’t have a shelter other than the unused door to a building, or under the proverbial bridge.  When they are sick, what do they do?  They can’t just take a nap in a comfortable bed.  They don’t always have the can of chicken soup, or the cold medicine, or the hot shower to make them feel better.  Although I may not be where I had hoped in my life, I have it so much easier than so many.  I really am very fortunate.
So here’s to a place to rest my weary (congested) head.  I am a lucky man.


No comments:

Post a Comment