Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Twenty-four

Day 124 - Home
Elizabeth went home today.  She kept in touch along the way, calling whenever she stopped for gas.  It was good to hear her voice each time.  I can’t wait for her to come back.
I tease her too much about leaving before the last possible minute.  I don’t mean to make her feel guilty.  I just want so much to spend more time with her.  I could see her every day for fifty more years and never tire of it.  I am sure she will understand when her kids (should she have children) are away at college and visit only briefly.  And not nearly often enough.
She is an inspiration to me, and I’m sure to many others.  I am so grateful for her visit, and hope she knows how important she is to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment