Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Thirty-eight

Day 138 - Hallowe’en Pumpkins
Blaine threw another party today, and I try not to miss any of his parties to which I am invited.  Blaine is the ultimate host - the food is always good, the guests are always fun, and there are always activities of some kind.  Since he is one of the most fun people in the world, it’s impossible not to have a great time.  Dan has told me how he can’t imagine life without Blaine, and I certainly understand why.
Today was a pre-Hallowe’en pumpkin carving party.  I hadn’t planned to have a Jack O’Lantern this year (in fact, I don’t remember the last time I had one), but when the invitation came, I thought I’d better start planning.
Naturally, I planned what I’d do as I drove to the store, which was the stop I made on the way to the party.  I had two ideas: Cinderella’s Coach or a house (as I have made in the past).  I found a sufficiently round pumpkin, so I went with the coach.  I am SO glad Blaine is an artist, because I had to ask him for supplies I hadn’t thought about.  Of course he had them.
I was pleased with the way the coach turned out, even if it didn’t look as professional as all the pumpkins that had been carved using stencils - for something done on the fly, I was happy with it.
The food was great, the guests - and hosts - were fun, and I had a blast.  I’m grateful for any holiday where friends gather and celebrate the season, the fun, and each other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment