Monday, October 3, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Ten

Day 110 - Vicarious Successes
I had an interesting moment today when a new networking contact gave me a Starbucks gift card as a thank you for introducing him to another networking acquaintance.  It turned out that the person to whom I introduced him happened to have an opening for a job for which he qualifies, and was able to schedule an interview.  I didn’t know about it at the time, but it ended up being a good connection.
It brought to mind the people I have coached for interviewing skills, and how the majority have been hired shortly afterward; one explained to me that knowing why these questions were coming, and what his behavioral patterns were, he was more confident and calm, and is convinced it helped him land the job.
I can’t say I’m becoming a popular coach - I haven’t had enough steady business to achieve any titles - but it makes me happy to know I have had a positive impact on others.  This is why I love what I do, and to celebrate their successes makes me feel good.  And after all, it’s best to feel good.


No comments:

Post a Comment