Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Twenty-three

Day 123 - Friends and Family

It is a unique experience blending two worlds; tonight was as pleasant as I could have hoped for such an occasion.
I invited a newer circle of friends in Portland to dinner at Chez Joly to meet Elizabeth and Mom, and many of them were able to come.  The food was delicious, the conversation was fun and easy, and the company was fabulous.  The only thing that could have made it better would have been if it had included the four who couldn’t make it.
Mom and Lizzie talked all the way home about how great these friends are, and I couldn’t agree more.  All told, my friends and family bring a great deal of happiness to my life, and without them, I shudder to think of what my existence would entail. 
Thank you all for being with me tonight, even in spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment