Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Thirty-four

Day 134 - Trustworthy Mechanics
I swear I have the word “Sucker” tattooed on my forehead in some kind of special invisible ink that only automotive sales and service people can see.  I don’t know, but somehow they can always tell I’m clueless long before I introduce myself.
I know I’ve been taken advantage of many times by them, but I live in a place where cars are a necessity.  The public transportation in my area is limited to the point where I could not accomplish what I need to do if I were without my car.  Plus I need a convertible to keep my sanity (see Day Six of this blog).
So I am grateful to find an auto service that is trustworthy.  In Tigard, there is Henderson Auto.  It’s the only place in Portland I take my car for repairs.  They are honest, fair, and the prices are reasonable.  I may be able to find a cheaper place, but I doubt I could find anyone I would trust more.  That peace of mind is worth the extra dollars.  I’m sure they know this.  (Now, how do I afford the new battery, brakes and transmission flush they are suggesting...?)
So thank you Brian, and everyone at Henderson Auto, for your integrity.  I will keep coming back as long as I’m living in this part of the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment