Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Eighteen

Day 118 - An Honored Guest
I had all day to prepare for the arrival of my elder daughter, Elizabeth.  She is such a joy to spend time with.  I have written about her before - how proud I am of her, and how breathtakingly beautiful she is.  Even after a 12-hour drive, she is striking.  I am so lucky.
It interests me to think about how the whole day was brighter just by knowing she was on her way - receiving the text messages and phone calls during gas stops just made it better.  People I love can make such a difference in my outlook on life, and they don’t have to do anything but be in touch.
Is it really that simple?  I am certainly grateful for the effect she has on my world.  I’m looking forward to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment