Monday, October 3, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Eight

Day 108 - New Avenues
I tried something different today: I attended the first day of a two-day workshop presented by a company that I could potentially work for (if the stars align properly).  I’ve not done this before.  I won’t offer a review of the first day, but I will say I appreciate the opportunity to try something new, and I’m glad I did it.
I then went to dinner with a new friend, Dash, who was a lot of fun.  We had dinner and then played chess on the “life size” board in Director Park.  Dash had never played chess before, so I showed him the various moves and helped him avoid some mistakes.  I won completely by chance - I stumbled upon the checkmate by accident, but glad I did, because it was getting cold out and I didn’t have a jacket.  I’m no chess expert by any stretch, but it was fun.
At the end of the day, it was a day of new things, and I enjoyed the freshness of it.  While my “real life” hasn’t really changed, it looked a little different today.

No comments:

Post a Comment