Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Twelve

Day 112 - Unexpected Conversations
I had a relatively quiet Sunday; I got my chores done, and then had a meeting with a colleague to discuss an upcoming meeting.  I figured it would take an hour, maybe two.
I totally underestimated the time, and the conversation.
This was one of the deeper conversations I’ve had lately, and not only did we talk about a variety of topics from the future of our country and the questions we have about our government to our childhoods and early experiences, it was fully engaging for more than four hours.  This kind of connection is rare, and a welcome experience.  It’s always nice to know there is one more person who seems to immediately understand me, and few who have had as many similarities in life and philosophy.
The conversation had quite an impact on me, and I look forward to more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment