Friday, March 2, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Fifty-seven

Day 257 - Curve Balls
I had a curve ball thrown at me today.  Fortunately, that’s figurative.
I had a phone interview for a hotel opportunity in Everett, Washington.  It is for a limited service property and would be a one-man-show sales job (with a catering coordinator) - not really a great opportunity, but one doesn’t turn down something that hasn’t been offered, right?
During the conversation, though, it turned out she has another property in Arizona that  also needed help.  What made this phone interview most interesting wasn’t that the opportunities presented were all that exciting, but that I began again to open my mind to ideas that I had deliberately set aside a year ago.  It reminded me that there are still stones left unturned; questions unanswered, opportunities yet unseen.  Maybe there are options still open to me, just waiting to be rediscovered.

Hmmm... Now there's a thought....


No comments:

Post a Comment