Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Sixty-six

Day 266 - Coastal Drives
Mom and I took an unplanned trip out to the coast today, and it was a delightful drive.  The weather was cooperative - not always sunny, but enough to be bright and cheerful - and there weren’t the crowds one might see on a summer weekend.  It was a wonderful break from life in Tigard.
We took a familiar route - first to Cannon Beach and Haystack Rock - one of my favorite Oregon beaches (although one could wish for warmer temperatures to make lingering more worthwhile).  Then lunch at Mo’s in Tolovana.  Mom had the clam chowder, and I the slumgullion (clam chowder with a scoop of bay shrimp).  I don’t think I’ve ever had anything other than the chowder at Mo’s - it’s among the best anywhere, and I can’t pass it up.
  
We finished up at the Tillamook Cheese Factory for their delicious ice cream - mom had a cone and I had a dish of some of the best American ice cream you’ll ever taste.  I wish I could eat more of it without the results showing up on my belly (ah, the lost benefits of youth).  I love this stuff. 
The drive back was uneventful and quick.  In all, it was a nice day trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment