Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Seventy-nine

Day 279 - Wicked
Today was spent enjoying Ignacio’s company.  We didn’t have a lot planned for the day, and had a good time.  The one idea we had discussed that didn’t happen was a walk through the Japanese Garden - a mutual interest - but since it continued to rain, we opted to skip it this time.  We were able to run some errands he wanted to make (avoiding sales tax - yay!), and had a great day together.

Another reason I enjoy Ignacio’s company is our shared taste in cultural events.  We went to the symphony together on one of my visits to Victoria; tonight we went to see “Wicked” at the Keller Auditorium.  It was a particularly good production - the cast was uniformly strong, and the atmosphere was electric.  It’s the first weekend the touring company is performing here, so the local audience seemed excited.  I know I was.
Before the show, we met up with my friends Linda and Judith, and had a wonderful conversation with them.  I really like these two women, and I wanted them to meet Ignacio.  That, too, was a great time.
Today was a really good day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment