Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Seventy-seven

Day 277 - Vicarious Creativity
I had the chance to work with one of my glass teachers, Leah, on the first steps of making a mobile.  Leah is known for her mobiles of various sizes, shapes, and colors, and she recently created a stunning red mobile that I immediately wanted.  The best part was that she was willing - perhaps eager - to teach me how to make one of my own.
As a first effort, I didn’t even try to do a different design - hers is so beautiful that I wouldn’t tamper with perfection.  Maybe I’ll get my own creativity going on a future project, but for now, I’ll be very happy with hers.  She gave me a list of the materials I need to pick up, and today we cut the circles and prepared them for the kiln.  I am looking forward to this project.
Thanks again, Leah!

No comments:

Post a Comment