Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Seventy-one

Day 271 - Kind Words
Have you ever been in a place where, as you were feeling better than before, your energy was still flagging, and your attitude less inspired than you felt it could be?  And then someone said something kind and it lifted your spirits?  That is what happened to me today.
I had a chance to conduct a mock phone interview today with a friend and colleague who is interviewing for a great job.  When all was said and done, she paid me some compliments that reminded me of why I enjoy my chosen line of work.
Then I went to a job finders’ support group and had another compliment paid.  How lucky I am to be in a place where these small gestures have such a large - and positive - effect.  Two months ago, I doubt they would have been as effective.  Today, I’m immensely grateful that nothing is permanent, including the “bad” times.

No comments:

Post a Comment