Friday, March 23, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Seventy-six

Day 276 - Positive Energy
I had a couple of networking meetings - lunch with a dear friend and HR colleague, and a conversation over coffee with another job seeker.  My colleague is about to leave on the contract job of a lifetime - an extended period in Suriname, speaking her native Dutch, as well as travel to Europe.  (Poor thing.)  My job seeking friend is having challenges with her pre-teen daughter, similar to some of the issues my youngest faced, and I was able to help her see past the challenges of today and not be quite so hard on herself.  
And I was receiving positive energy from both of them - support and encouragement in my efforts. 
It was a lovely back and forth, a reciprocation that not only felt good, but may have done some good, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment