Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Sixty-four

Day 264 - Happy Hour
I went to happy hour with Matt - a man I met through networking - for our second meeting.  I was glad to meet over a drink instead of coffee this time.  I love coffee, but sometimes I get tired of it.  It’s nice to go to a familiar pub and chat over a glass of beer or wine instead.
We decided on Starky’s, and it was packed.  I had to stand for about 10 minutes before a table opened up.  Fortunately I was earlier than I had planned, and I had nabbed a table before Matt arrived.  
I like going out for Happy Hour - everything is discounted, and Starky’s offers relatively large glasses of wine (which may not be cheap, but it's a better value than most other establishments).  And although the service sometimes leaves something to be desired, their house Cabernet is good enough, and one glass is plenty.
The conversation was good, and the evening pleasant.  I do like happy hour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment