Monday, March 12, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Sixty-eight

Day 268 - Loving What I Do
Wow, what a day.  

It started with an informational interview with one of the directors at SE Works.  I talked to her about a project I want to work on to either create an organization similar to WorkPlace in Connecticut (as featured on 60 Minutes a couple Sundays ago), or perhaps to work with a program that already exists in an effort to help long-term unemployed executives and managers - an almost invisible group within the uncounted.  As I discussed the ideas, I really felt as if this could go somewhere, and she promised to try to put me in touch with a few people within the state WorkService organization.
Then I had two meetings almost back-to-back with coaching clients.  Both went very well, and I was able to earn a little pocket change.  
All three conversations remind me of the joy that comes with helping people in this atrocious economy.  I love what I do.  I want to keep doing it.  I have to keep doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment