Monday, March 12, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Sixty-nine

Day 269 - Familiar Faces
It has been awhile since I was able to attend the Next Level mixer.  Last time, my car broke down and it took all evening to get it to the mechanic’s and then home.  Fortunately, I made it this time.  I met a really nice realtor there - one of at least three in attendance, though the only one I hadn’t met before.  Handsome, articulate... I’m sure he does well.  I just wish I were in the market.
I also saw a number of familiar faces I hadn’t seen in a long time.  It was nice to catch up with them, and it seemed as if we simply picked up where we left off months ago.  
I have been networking so much over the past three years, going to groups where I don’t know anyone, and it was nice to be at a mixer where I knew just about everyone.  It is so much easier, and pleasant.  I’ll be glad when I have a job so the networking is just to say “hello” and the stakes aren’t so high.
Thanks to all the familiar faces who came tonight, for making me feel more relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment