Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Eighty

Day 280 - Feeling Good
Another great day!  We have been staying with Paul and Jim, and Paul has been kind enough to have the coffee made and waiting for us when we got up.  We didn’t see Paul or Jim this morning - Jim was just in from work (graveyard shift) and sleeping, and Paul had rehearsals for this afternoon’s Bach Cantata Choir concert.  Ignacio and I had a leisurely - and quiet - morning.
The afternoon was highlighted by the concert, which lived up to expectations.  One of the numbers performed was “Ich habe genug” which Paul and I performed years ago in one of our joint recitals during our university days.  The bass who sang it today was fantastic, and the whole performance was lovely.  I’m very glad Ignacio and I could be there.
As the day came to a close, I remarked on how good I felt.  Ignacio had even let slip that his feelings about our relationship were deepening - something I could have missed if I hadn’t been paying attention.  That made me feel very good, indeed.
This has been a great visit.  It’s a shame it will end tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment