Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Sixty-five

Day 265 - Something to Prepare For
I have another presentation to give at SE Works on Monday, and I set aside the time today to work on putting the program together.  I am pulling it from my Interviewing Skills Workshop material, so it is really just a matter of choosing the appropriate slides and writing my notes about the specifics to present.  It wasn’t difficult (and I ended up doing a few other things while pushing this effort back a few hours); I had everything except the handouts done by evening.
The good part of this preparation is the opportunity to use it - it’s nice to be wanted - the sense of purpose feels good.  Someone values what I can offer, and I am continually reminded of what I enjoy most in my professional life.  I feel really good about working.  

No comments:

Post a Comment