Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Seventy-two

Day 272 - Text Messages
I received an invitation just a couple of days ago - via text message - to a pot luck dinner, and I decided on the spot to say “yes.”  I have been avoiding group gatherings lately - they have left me depressed and lonely - but this one came from a friend I haven’t seen in too long.  In fact, I had just been thinking I ought to contact him and suggest getting together over coffee when his text message came in.  I figured this was the universe confirming my thought, so I accepted the invitation.
The party was this evening, and I had a great time.  Only seven people were present, including the host.  There were four others whom I have known for some time.  We had a great time - pleasant conversations, easy laughs - and I hope we can do that again.
I felt a little closer to “normal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment