Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Eighty-one

Day 281 - Succession Planning
Ignacio had to leave for Canada this afternoon, and we had a nice time together leading up to it.  We had lunch at Wilf's, there at Union Station.  I thought it was a little pricey, but the food was decent.  Obviously, I enjoyed the company.  Now it is time to plan my next trip to Victoria - I had hoped to join him in Vancouver over the coming weekend to attend a concert up there, but I just can’t swing it financially (however tempting it is).  Instead, I’ll have to raise a bit of cash (through a job or a client or two).  No matter when it might happen, I’ll be thinking about it until it materializes.  I have already made plans to go to California at the end of April, so hopefully I will be able to earn a sum and maybe visit him before that.
After his train left the station, I met with a couple new friends I met via the Breakfast Club whom I’ve asked to step in as co-moderators.  I know there will be times when I cannot be there to facilitate the meetings (e.g. during my time in California), and both Fred and Manuel have shown skills that I think will be very helpful to the group.  They both agreed to back me up, and we met today over beers to discuss.  We’re going to make it a weekly thing, too, and I’m looking forward to it.
In all, I think today was mostly positive, even when it included Ignacio’s departure.  I’d say I’m in a good place.

No comments:

Post a Comment