Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Sixty-three

Day 263 - Re-entry
I had a wonderful opportunity to speak at the SE Works office again today, only this time it was for their Re-entry Program - helping those with criminal backgrounds looking for work.  It was one of the most gratifying experiences I’ve had speaking to job seekers about interviewing tips.  Here was a group of humble people looking to support themselves with any employer willing to give them a chance, and interested in sharpening their interviewing skills.  The participants put a human face on a problem most of us don’t want to think about, and I was honored to be there.  

This was an opportunity for me to help people who want help.  I enjoyed it immensely, and look forward to doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment