Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Twelve

Day 212 - Impermanence
It is said (and well established) that nothing lasts forever.  Sometimes that’s a sad thing - like when a friendship ends; or when someone leaves us, either in terms of proximity or state of being; or working on a great team or on a project or production.  Sometimes, it is a good thing - like when a bad time finally begins to pass, and life gets slightly brighter; the sun isn’t rising yet, but the sky is getting a little brighter in the east.
I have spent the last few days feeling totally hopeless.  It is not the first time I have felt this way, and although I hope it is the last time, it probably isn’t.  Thankfully, I knew this time would pass, too.  Just as the best times aren’t perpetual, neither are the worst.  I will survive this, too.
I applied for a job today.  I know no one in the company, and so far have been unsuccessful in finding anyone who knows someone, so my chances are next to nil.  Still, while I may never hear back from anyone in the company, just finding an open position helped me turn a corner.  Yes, it’s a big corner, and I’m not all the way around it.  My attention is simply on the fact that the trajectory has changed, however slightly, and the sky seems infinitesimally lighter.  I’ll take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment