Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Fourteen

Day 214 - Sunshine
It was a little on the breezy side today, but clear skies can be so beautiful, especially in Portland.  I have long commented that this city is spectacular when it’s sunny.  I’m sure part of that is the rarity - you appreciate it more because it doesn’t happen as often as in other cities - like Long Beach, for example.
On the way home yesterday, I snapped a photo of Mt. Hood from my car (in stop-and-go-and-stop traffic).  I had only a brief moment to do so, and as a result, I didn’t get a chance to “keep” the bright pink view the sunset offered.  I saw the same thing today as I crossed over the Fremont Bridge on my way home from the glass school.  The view down the streets of the Pearl District were clean and clear.  There are few cities as beautiful when the weather is nice.
I know this weather won’t last, but I will enjoy it as long as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment