Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Two

Day 202 - The End of the Year
I am so glad to have 2011 over.  It has been a hellish year - I believe “annus horribilis” is the Latin translation.  As I look to the next year for some relief, I am surprised at how difficult this one has been in retrospect.  I can only think of two other years as challenging, one being 2010, and I hope the worst is behind me.
After a brief visit to the Rose Gardens and a drive through my childhood neighborhood, Ignacio and I had dinner at Mom’s - this would be their introduction, and I naturally wanted things to go well.  They did.  We rang in the new year by watching on CNN the ball in Times Square drop (I find it quite amusing to watch Kathy Griffin push Anderson Cooper’s buttons all evening, making him laugh, which is a delight).  That would be 9:00 PM PST.  After wishing Mom a Happy New Year and saying goodnight, we joined dear friends Paul and Jim at Starky’s for drinks and a midnight toast.
In all, I don’t think I could have had a more enjoyable New Year’s Eve.  Here’s to 2012 - may it bring much better times.


No comments:

Post a Comment