Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Three

Day 203 - Happy New Year!
If New Year’s Day is any indication of how the year will unfold (which is never certain), it should be a good year.  Though we were late in starting the day, Ignacio and I drove back to Seattle in good weather and easy traffic, and had time to visit the Space Needle.  The weather was incredible - clouds high enough to show both the Olympics and the Cascades clearly, and not even a breeze to cool things down on the observation deck.  We snacked on Seattle Dogs (sizable, good quality franks with cream cheese and “bacon-onion jam”), and took quite a few photos.  
Changes continue at the Seattle Center - they have done away with the children’s rides, and are building a glass museum featuring the work of Dale Chihuly, a Washington native of global repute in blown glass.  While I am sorry to see the rides go the way of the dodo, I’m looking forward to the museum.
We stayed with my friend Amy, who made us chicken pot pies from scratch for dinner.  She even shared the recipe.  Delicious!
I feel fortunate to have the positive relationships I do, and I hope I adequately express my gratitude to those who bring good things into my life.  I look forward to the new year and the opportunities to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment