Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Ninety-nine

Day 199 - Transitions
As the end of the year approaches in a few days, I contemplate the changes that have happened over the past year, and there is a lot to digest.  My contract work came to a close early in the year, and new leads haven’t materialized - the independent consulting market seemed to have dried up like the fields of Texas.  I moved in with my mom when my brother and sister-in-law could no longer accommodate me.  Being without full-time work for two years was a difficult milestone to pass.  Coming in second for several jobs didn’t help.
Getting involved in some networking groups did.  I have become active in three job finders groups, along with doing other networking activities, and they have helped me emotionally.  I have even taken the helm of one, and despite the irony of trying to help others find work while unsuccessful at my own job search, it has been rewarding on some levels.  The career coaching I’ve been doing has been helpful, too, though again the irony makes me wonder.
It has been a long year.  I was talking to an astrologer at a party who told me that 2012 was going to be a very good year for me.  I was excited about it - I had been dating someone for just over a month, and the networking in Seattle was moving along.  I thought perhaps this would be a good way to start the new year - positive news for positive growth.  Maybe 2011 was a long, arduous year, but it will soon be over.  I have something else to look forward to.
I am hoping for a transition to something better.  Ignacio arrives tomorrow.  I’m looking forward to the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment