Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Six

Day 206 - Cold Medicine
Wow, what a day!  I caught a tough cold; it started yesterday, and I didn’t think much of it.  But today was a different story.  This is the second cold of the season for me.  Last year was the first time in a long time that I had more than one cold in a single season - probably since the last year of my marriage - and here we go again this year.  I suppose the stresses of life may play a part in this - no way to know - but I had to skip my friend’s birthday party.  Chicken soup and a salad were all I could manage for dinner. 
I didn’t hear from the hotel again today, so I sent an email to the Director asking for news.  If he weren’t a professional friend, I wouldn’t follow up so soon, but things seemed so good when I left that I figured I’d be OK for asking.  Odd, though, that he wouldn’t get back to me.
Fortunately I have some nighttime cold medicine - I hope to sleep well tonight.  This isn’t a good time to get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment