Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Four

Day 204 - Slow Return to Reality
Ignacio went back to Victoria today.  I had to drop him off at Pier 69 at 7:00 AM; on one hand, it was probably a good thing that it was so early - less time to have to deal with the emotions of “goodbye.”  On the other hand, I would have liked more time with him.  Still, it was a pleasant morning, despite the weather, which wasn't as nice as yesterday (thank heavens for the good weather for a Space Needle visit!).
I left for Portland after a quick shower at Amy’s, and the drive back was easy enough.  I am staying at Denny’s this week, too - he returns on Friday, so I had some quiet time to myself.  I am reminded of when my kids used to visit me - I always appreciated some “alone” time afterward to process all the emotions of having them with me for a short time, and then dealing with the return to reality.  This time, I was glad it was a slow process.  I have four more days “on my own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment