Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Eleven

Day 211 - The Common Cold
It seems unlikely that anyone could be grateful to have a cold.  I certainly don’t enjoy them, though when you have nothing to do, they don’t get in the way of a lot.  Still, I had a couple of social things I had signed up for, and I wasn’t in a condition to attend either.  This cold has descended into my chest, and the coughing has been perturbing.  I can only imagine standing in a mixer, or seated in a movie theater, hacking up a lung and annoying the hell out of those around me.
I admit, too, that I am too depressed to want to go out anyway, so the timing isn't as bad as it might have been.  I’m glad I have a legitimate reason to keep to myself today.  I did get to the glass school and made a whole bunch of chandelier beads (I’ll pick them up tomorrow), and I had a light workout at the gym, so it’s not like I’ve been a total hermit.  But I’ve been able to stay low, which is what I need, and I hope my friends forgive me for not joining them tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment