Friday, January 13, 2012

A Year of Gratitude - Day Two Hundred Thirteen

Day 213 - An Elbow Brace
You know you’re living a boring life when the best thing that happens to you is finding your elbow brace.  I have been trying to work out with some pretty intense pain in my left elbow; I can’t lift the weights I’m otherwise able to lift, and my shoulders and arms in particular are losing bulk, which is something I don’t have enough of in the first place.  I have been using my neoprene sleeve, but it hasn’t offered enough support to keep it from hurting.  Today, I found the brace I bought (for the same reason) a few years ago, and it worked very well.
Sometimes I think life would be easier if I didn’t go to the gym - think of all the time I’d save, not to mention gasoline.  But then I remember others with genetic information similar to mine (I’m not naming anyone) and that’s all the motivation I need to get back to the gym.
Sometimes seeing younger men with fabulous bodies working out around me helps; sometimes it doesn’t.  At all.  But thinking about what I would look like - and feel like - if I ate the way I easily could and didn’t go to the gym cures my fitness doldrums.  Finding the elbow brace makes the workouts easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment