Monday, November 7, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Forty

Day 140 - Questions
I have heard people say from time to time how dogs are “better than people” - they are always happy, never complain or argue, come back to you even when you shout at them, and never question what you are doing or why you are doing it that way.  Sometimes I wonder if I should be more like a dog.  
Then I think of all the things I would never have learned if I hadn’t asked the questions.
I have a lot of questions.  Sometimes I have thought about asking a whole bunch of questions when I get to the pearly gates.  Sometimes I just want one big question answered.  Most of the time, I ask questions of others to learn things from them - why they are saying what they are saying, or what has started a current train of thought.  I enjoying asking the questions behind the questions so I can get a better understanding of what motivates.
Right now, I want to know why I am in the situation I am in; what is the bigger picture here?  What am I supposed to learn, and why is it taking so long?
At least I have enough of a mind to ask.  I can be grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment