Monday, November 14, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Forty-five

Day 145 - New Plans
I like making new plans.  Sometimes the “old” ones don’t work.  Often, they don’t account for something unknown (how could they, right?).  And life always turns out differently anyway.
I still prefer to make plans - they help me focus my energies and attentions, and the anticipation of doing something I enjoy makes me feel good.  I am getting better at leaving the expectations somewhere in suspension, but I can set the direction to some degree.  It’s like the proverbial fork in the road - I get to choose which path to take.  And if I don’t like that path, I can choose another one as the choice comes up again.
I have broadened my networking plans to include Seattle recently, and I’m feeling re-energized about the process.  I have no idea at this point if it will lead to anything other than giving me a renewed sense of interest and purpose, and making plans for the trip north are helping me feel recharged.  I’m not trying to leave the area so much as to find more opportunities - I am enjoying many aspects of life in Portland, and very pleased to be happy here.  
It’s just nice, sometimes, to be able to mix things up a bit.  Making some plans is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment