Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Fifty-eight

Day 158 - Routine
Over the past ten months, I have developed a routine.  I start my day with “work” - job search activities, email, follow-up on various tasks, and consulting my calendar to plan the day’s agenda.  Then I go to the gym (when my calendar allows), and work out for an hour with weights, or half an hour of cardio.  Then I resume my “work” for the rest of the day.  Sometimes, that work continues well into the evening, but I admit it is often interrupted by other things (or people).  
And although it may not be the routine I would prefer (which would include going to work... that pays...), it still offers me some reasonable expectations from which I can make plans.
I had three things going on this afternoon - a meeting with a networking friend, then a meeting with a personal friend to talk about resumes, and then a networking mixer.  Honestly, I’m sick of networking, but I guess this is one of those moments where sometimes the tedium of your job is not the part of your job that you like.  OK.  It is the means to an end, and I hope to reach that end soon (though I admit I will never again stop networking).
At least I can expect to keep the routine going for the foreseeable future.  It’s something to count on.

No comments:

Post a Comment