Friday, November 18, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Fifty-one

Day 151 - Being Unsettled
As I was reviewing what I have written so far, I found that I skipped a day by mistake, so my numbers are a bit off.  What I have listed as Day 144 was actually 145; so I’ll write about what I was grateful for on day 144 now.  And tomorrow, I'll be back on track.
I was having coffee with my friend and yoga instructor, Denny, and we were talking about how sometimes this gratitude blog wasn’t easy to write - sometimes I can’t think of anything to be grateful for, and at the moment, I’m feeling unsettled.  He said, “So write about that.”
He’s right, of course.  Similar to my post about loneliness, feeling unsettled brings me awareness of - and appreciation for - the times when my life seems clear and focused.  If I were never confused or weary, I’d never recognize the value of the times when I have clarity.  There is always something positive that comes from every situation.
Thank you, Denny, for being the catalyst for positive thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment