Monday, November 7, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Forty-one

Day 141 - Yoga
I had forgotten just how much I enjoy yoga.
I had planned to go two weeks ago, but I cut my thumb that afternoon and went to urgent care instead.  I have been looking forward to this class that much more ever since.
There is an amazing sense of peace in a yoga class.  I am not talking about the group exercise classes at the gym - I don’t equate those to the practice of yoga, though they may be using yoga poses.  No, I go to a yoga class to learn, not just exercise.
This class wasn’t as strenuous as I expected.  It was an hour-long class (some are 90 minutes) and I barely broke a sweat.  Yet afterward, I was exhilarated. There is something that happens in the mind, not just the body, in a good yoga class.  I need to do this more.
The instructor, Denny, came highly recommended, and shortly after the class began, I understood why.  
Thank you, Gary, for the recommendation; thank you, Denny, for an awesome class.  I look forward to my next opportunity to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment