Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Fifty-seven

Day 157 - A Weekday of Rest
Most of us look at one day of the weekend (Saturday for some, Sunday for others) as a day of rest.  Among the unemployed, many of us stick to the Monday through Friday schedule to keep a sense of normalcy.  Travel can wreak havoc on “normalcy,” though, so I was glad to have only one appointment today.  I had the chance to rest from the trip up north.
I got my laundry done.  (I’ve discussed that here before.  Drat.)  I got a workout done.  (I’ll discuss that later.)  I met with a networking contact and had a good conversation.  It was not a strenuous day.
Although I’m not earning the income I need, I’ve never been busier in my life.  It is nice to have a day off.  Well, most of the day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment