Monday, November 7, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Forty-three

Day 143 - Pressing Forward
I didn’t want to go.
I had a work-related networking meeting today, and I just didn’t feel like going.  I was thinking it would probably be a waste of time anyway, and I wasn’t into it.  I would rather go to the gym and work out my stress there.  I was feeling discouraged and frustrated, and couldn’t see how this meeting could possibly benefit me.
A dear friend told me I should go.  I need to go.  I’m so glad I listened.  Here was another moment when, as I spoke to people about employee engagement, I remembered that this is what I love to do.  This is who I am supposed to be.  I was SO glad I went, and grateful to my friend for encouraging me to press on.
And I might get some work from it - I am having coffee with one of the other attendees in a few days.  At least I’ll make a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment