Friday, November 18, 2011

A Year of Gratitude - Day One Hundred Fifty-three

Day 153 - New Territory
I had a wonderful day today!  I had the chance to be in Victoria, BC, and spend the day (actually the weekend) with someone very special.  And in doing so, I got to see a part of the city I have never experienced before.  Yes, we went by the landmarks you know as a tourist, but I wasn’t really a tourist this time.  I was a visitor.
We went shopping at a local market so I could make my (mom’s) Macaroni & Cheese for dinner; I wouldn’t normally think of going to a grocery store as a special event (except when I’m really hungry), but given the nature of the visit, this was quite special.
It was nice to have a new experience with someone I care about; it was a wonderful departure from the day-to-day challenges of life - a mini-vacation - and I loved the day, rain and all, and I am indeed grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment